Mixed Media Fun - I often find that the biggest part of mixed media is creating the background first and seeing where It takes you. For this back ground I used Lindy Stamp Gang magicals and created an overlay with embossing powder on top of a partially dried section. It creates an amazing affect.
Tuesday, 31 October 2017
So excited as this is my first Dusty Attic Design Team Member layout. I loved the texture in the mood board with the rustic corrugated look. To create my look, I clear gessoed the patten paper, used molding paste to make a textured back ground with Lindy Stamp Gang magicals and sprays to create a rustic look.
I used Dusty Attic corrugated card and a variety of chipboard to add a layered worn weathered look. I also used a great new Dusty Attic Chipboard called Botanic Accents #1 to create edge of page accents and to build up the layers. Finally I used a great Dusty Attic word which I cut into 2 pieces and embossed the main and used Dusty Attic paint to colour the smaller word.
Finally layered all the pieces with some gauze that had been stiffened and soaked in ink to create a ruddy rustic look. My photo was taken in 2016 in Bali at a temple that had wonderful carved and painted wooden decoration around the ceiling.
I hope you enjoy and please take the time to leave me a comment of your thoughts. By clicking on the 'follow' tab means that you will also be ale to keep up to date with all the information and layouts that I post.
Sunday, 29 October 2017
Wow wow wow what a wonderful challenge with lace and delicate. Firstly my nod to the delicate was the gorgeous patterns on the butterflies wings and the 'delicate' way that the wings have colour and shades and tones. Secondly I chose the lace that I felt really represented the wings of the butterflies. I used Lindy Stamp Gang spays and Magicals to develop a rich colour on the background with molding paste and stencils to represent the patterns the wings. Finally using layeirng and paints to develop a multi texture background to build wonderful page. I hope you enjoy.
Please take the time to go to the following website to look at the challenge and wonderful entries an design inspirational layouts by the design team.
Monday, 25 September 2017
I used Lindy Stamp Gang magicals to create the background with Prima Graphite texture paste and stencils. The silver bubbles were created by using a IndigoBlu stamp and randomly adding to the page and embossing. The embellishments were a combination of chip board as well as sprayed gauze stiffened with structure medium. I used a range of Prima alchemy paints to add colour to the embellishments and metals. Finally I added a Quote (unknown) that sang to me me relation to the image.
I hope you enjoy and please me a comment -it's greatly appreciated.
Please follow the link below for more information about the More Tan Words September Challenge.
Tuesday, 19 September 2017
I love the brightness of the yellow and couldn't resist making sure I had a gorgeous buzzy bee as the photo. I used a wonderful bee stamp with black embossing powder to add a couple of images on the background and Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals and sprays to add a colour wash to the main area that I was going to embellish. I used gorgeous Finnabair alchemy paints and sparks to add texture as well as finishing off with colour blast in Sienna to add some more sparkle. Finally I added some gauze that I had inked and stiffened with structure medium to weave under the embellishments. The words are Dusty Attic chipboard sprayed with coffee colour mist an Finnabair wax to add dimension.
I hope you enjoy
Saturday, 22 July 2017
This was a great one to do as I love Roses as well as having plenty of beautiful photos that I could add. The tough part was working out what Roses 3 ways I wanted to do and limiting it as there were so many options.
In the end I decided to go with the following: a Roses stamp that I embossed with black embossing powder on the background, Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals called Chateau Rose which I added to create a pink washed out colour on the background as well as the gauze and KaiserCraft Roses which I sprayed Pink.